Whitley Furniture Galleries is looking for a driven/energetic warehouse worker/driver to participate in our warehouse operations and activities.
Warehouse worker responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packing, inspection, furniture assembly and delivery. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction. We have an outstanding history of providing exceptional service to our valued customers and will continue to raise the bar.
This position is a contract position that can lead to a permanent full time/part time role based off performance and needs of the business.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, assemble, label, ship)
- Operate and maintain delivery vehicles and equipment.
- Complete safe deliveries in a timely manner.
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Report any discrepancies
- Customer service
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker and delivery driver
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Open work availability that include weekends
- Furniture assembly experience a plus
- Current North Carolina Drivers license
- Must pass criminal background check
- High school diploma/equivalent